Thursday, January 31, 2008

Prayer


Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. - Matthew 7:7-8


I
thought of this verse while looking at this photograph. It reminds me how important a prayer time spent with God is and how great is God himself.
How could God listen to our requests, see us seek, or hear us knock without us coming to him?
To me, prayer is a conversation between me and God
; it gives me a sense of connection between us. Even though I don't have much much free time as a busy college student, I love the time spent with my Father and it is definitely not a wasted time. Yet one of the problems I am sometimes facing is finding time to pray. And so, one of the things I ask for when I pray is having enough time (can it ever be enough?) to pray. Matthew 7:8 has been very inspiring and encouraging to me. It is the assurance that God is not only an active listener, but also a gracious Father who loves his children. He gives me more than I could ever give Him - His word, his Son, the Holy Spirit, all the things around me, .... all that I need, including the time spent in prayer.