Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Obama Cliffs notes

I found this quite amusing article at the end of the school year and I loved it. I am not a big fan of President Obama's economic policies, but I think that a bit of dark humor doesn't hurt anyone :)

Here is the Obama Dictionary:

"We are not going to get relief by turning back to the very same policies that for the last eight years doubled the national debt and threw our economy into a tailspin."
Translation: Blame Republicans, and tax cuts

It's time to "make hard choices to bring our deficit down."
Translation: Hello, higher taxes!

"The only way to fully restore America's economic strength is to make the long-term investments that will lead to new jobs, new industries, and a renewed ability to compete with the rest of the world."
Translation: Big government.

"We need to make clean, renewable energy the profitable kind of energy."
Translation: Your utility bills are going up.

"If your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime."
Translation: For now

"I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits -- either now or in the future.(Applause.) I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period. And to prove that I'm serious, there will be a provision in this plan that requires us to come forward with more spending cuts if the savings we promised don't materialize."
Translation: "I promise to fix the problem. And if I do not fix the problem now, I will fix it later, or some future president will, after I am long gone. I promise he will. Absolutely, positively, I am committed to that future president fixing the problem. You can count on it. Would I lie to you?"

Yes, these things definitely do sound funny, until we realize that the Obama administration is digging a hole out of which it will be very hard to get.


You can find the full article here:

No comments: