Friday, July 3, 2009

My attempts to exercise


This summer, before I came back to Erie, I made up this amazing schedule of things to do every day. Basically, I would get up every morning, do research, go to class, do research, eat dinner, study for GREs and then.... EXERCISE - meaning go running or go to the gym.

I have to laugh at these plans now, because, honestly, the only thing that is on schedule is me going to class... and then eating dinner. The rest is just sort of being thrown around as the days go by.

The first time I went to take a run, I met my friend Barb, who was walking her two dogs, and I basically spent the next thirty minutes walking with her (understand 'no running').

My amazing and funny roommate/apartment mate Molly and I decided that maybe it would be more motivating for the two of us if we exercised together. The first time we went to the gym, it all seemed to work out perfect. We got there, and got on those cool machines.... and then this guy came to announce to us that the gym was closing (understand 'no exercise').

Last night, Molly and I decided to take a walk instead of watching a movie. What an idea... Our walking went well as we got about half mile from our apartment. Then, all the sudden, it began raining and so we decided to return back, only to find ourselves sprinting the last couple yards to our apartment (understand 'no exercise again').

Now, the only thought I have is what will happen the next time we attempt to go for a run or for a walk? Maybe by the end of the summer, we will run out of all the possible 'disasters' that could happen and get some exercise :).

3 comments:

Moll moll said...

Wellllll now we know what time the gym closes and that we have to check the weather before going for a walk. That's all ;-).

Deg said...

I've decided to start jogging as well. I lasted about a week before I got off track on my schedule. I plan to pick it up again, maybe today?

Ellie said...

Haha, Molly, I am sure we will figure it out eventually :)
Andrew, good luck running!
I have some news - I forgot my running shoes at Jason's home... so no running for the next 2 weeks... lol. We can still walk though ;)