Thursday, July 16, 2009

Relay for Life day 4


Today, I thought I would go in depth and tell you all about our group 'The Cancer Avengers'. We do need your support :)

Monday, July 13

Go to: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/ellierepkova

Molly, Theresa, Jason, and I officially decided to make a team and walk for 24 hours at Relay for Life in Fairview, PA. We actually wanted to sigh up about 4 weeks ago, but we always postponed everything... So we have less than 2 weeks to reach our group's fundraising goal of $1,000.
Jason is the team capitain and also the one responsible for our team name.

We all have friends and family members whose lives were affected by cancer in some way. Some of our family members and friends are battling cancer now, some of them lost their lives to it, some won over it. At any means, it is the feeling of not being able to help our loved ones that made us want to join and help at least this way.

Tuesday, July 14

Go to: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/ellierepkova

Theresa seems like she will not join us :(. So as of now, we have 3 members, which is not a lot. I think I sent e-mails to more than 100 people and received a donation from one. Still, it is a progress. Jason is e-mailing all of his friends on Facebook to post a link to his page on their profile... not a big success either. Molly has been e-mailing too.

Wednesday, July 15

Go to: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/ellierepkova

I have decided to e-mail via Angel all of my former classmates and all the members of the 5 student organizations I am in, asking them to either post a link to my personal page, to donate some money, or to join our group. All this was over 300 people getting my e-mails.

As of 7 pm it still seems like we will have only 3 members and Molly is telling me that our team should rather quit and join an existing team already... I don't like the diea, but I guess it is better than having a team of three.

Danielle comes for a visit in the evening and agrees to join our team, plus she also thinks another 4 of her friends will join us. Joe joins in shortly after Danielle.

As of now, our team has 5 members and we are at 14% of our fundraising goal :)

No comments: