Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Likes of Georgia

I thought that since I live in Georgia now, I should count all of its blessings, or at least try to mention some things I like about it.

1. I get to 'visit' the tropical pavilion of my hometown's botanical garden every day.

2. Green everywhere!

3. Kroger's employees who not only bag your goodies, but they also help you unload your shopping cart at the cashier register and then take the shopping cart once you put everything in the car.

4. The Fish! - local Christian radio station.

5. Great classmates. Although I currently have only about 19 classmates, the hours of homework and seemingly impossible math assignments seem to bring us together.

6. Having my own bathroom.

7. The joy (and thrill) of driving somewhere without a GPS.

8. Emory library with its moving shelves that look like from some Sci-Fi movie.

9. I finally appreciate airconditioning. (I used to hate it in Erie)

10. An IVCF staff worker that actually has office hours and answers e-mails.

11. Panera Bread right on the corner.

12. Sweet tea (I forgot about it, Moll Moll :)

13. Thunderstorms every other day and all of them when I am at home!

14. Farmer's Markets!

15. Great professors :)

2 comments:

Moll moll said...

Indiana has taught me lots about air conditioning this summer, too. It's totally required anywhere that's kind of south.

And I have an assignment for you: drink sweet tea. Then add it to your list ;-).

Glad you're having fun in Atlanta!!

Ellie said...

Yes, without AC, my apartment is unlivable. It is on the 2nd floor right below the roof :) Oh, and for some reason, while Behrend's AC would always make me cold, I can actually stand AC in class here! Have a great time in UP! :)