Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dog Letters to God...

I spent this week in a very pleasant companion of two (sometimes three) dogs, Dora, Grace, and Daisy. Both of my new little, maybe a little large, friends were a bit shy at the beginning of my stay with them, Dora would welcome me with barking all throughout day one. Well, I left their house for four days and upon returning back, these friendly dog ladies were very welcoming! They even waved their tales at me and tried to lick my face many, many times! I also realized how much they liked sharing with me. They wanted to share food with me... meaning my food... both attempted to share a bed with me, Dora really liked my laptop and wanted to share... and she really did... :) I think that sharing plays a big role dogs' lives.

And so, when I found this, I thought that I should share:

Dear God, Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?

Dear God, When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it the same old story?

Dear God, Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We dogs love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the 'Chrysler Eagle' to the 'Chrysler Beagle'?

Dear God, If a dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?

Dear God, We dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?

Dear God, More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Dear God, When we get to the Pearly Gates, do we have to shake hands to get in?

Dear God, Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

No comments: