Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Safe" in Paris

Well, I thought that I would share some rather unbelievable story - but it's truth - before I forget it and also before I post some more pictures :).
For those who don't think that God exists, here is a proof:

During my Paris trip, I happened to be right in front of Cathedral Notre Dame. It is a very big gothic cathedral with a big square in front of it. On that day (Sunday) there was a concert going on in the evening and so the area was full of chairs. As I tried to get the best shot of the beautiful building without anyone standing in front of me, I walked all the way to the last row of chairs and placed myself very close to the chairs (this is a very important fact).

And so I was taking my picture all calm, happy that nobody's head was in it. And all the sudden, this guy comes running in with bunch of police men, pointing at my feet! None of the men looked very calm and they seemed to hurry to my feet, so I got scared that my feet did something bad and stepped a bit to the side.

Well, I also looked at the stone tiles on the ground and I could not believe what I saw. There was a small (4-5 inch tall) cylinder-shaped metal-ish thing, filled with something and closed off with clay. And, yes, the French word for bomb sounds much like the English one and I could hear that from both the guy and the policemen.

This all happened really fast, and right after, the policemen began clearing out the area.
So all summed up: My foot could have been a foot far from a bomb. I know that it was God's will that I didn't step into it, or kick it, and that the bomb didn't blow up. But, wherever God is, I am safe and I know that God has been here with me in France; wherever I go, he is there.

2 comments:

Moll moll said...

Ellie, I am really glad that you are safe. Thank God :-)

I miss you. Hope you are having fun!

barb said...

God apparently wants to keep you around a bit longer. And I thank him for this!!